Sunday 4 October 2015

Bookish Would You Rather - Part 1

Hello everybody!

Today is the first anniversary of this blog, or my 1st Blogging Birthday, if you will!
I have had an amazing year since I started blogging about books and I hope you guys have enjoyed reading my reviews, film thoughts and wrap ups!

To celebrate the end of my first year, I'm going to be doing something a little different...

I love playing Would You Rather with friends- it's really thought provoking and fun. I've never played a book version of it but any game to do with books is great so I thought I'd give it a try...
These 20 questions have either been found online, made up by my friends (thanks guys!), or have come from the deepest, darkest corner of my brain!
In this post, I will be answering my own questions and letting you guys answer too!

Since I have so many questions, I will be splitting this post up into two. This is the first post and will contain questions directly about a certain book, such as Harry Potter, or the Hunger Games, etc. The second post will contain questions about books in general.

I have had so much fun making this and I hope you enjoy looking through the questions and my answers to them. Please give me your opinion and vote on the polls too! Have fun..!

 (Heads up - there will be major spoilers for Mockingjay in Question 7 so if you haven't read it yet and don't want to be spoiled, please try to avoid it!)


First up, some Harry Potter themed questions...


1. Would You Rather Own an Invisibility Cloak or a Flying Broomstick?
This is a properly working invisibility cloak, such as the one Harry has, or a broomstick of your choice from Quality Quidditch Supplies in Diagon Alley.
For me, this is a really tricky question. I'd love the practical joke side of the cloak; you could creep up on people and get up to all sorts of fun without people suspecting that was you. However... A broomstick would be so much fun!! It would be an alternative to walking and they do look a little uncomfortable but I'm sure you could install a cushion or something onto it, so I think I'm going to have to say I'd have a broomstick!





2. Would You Rather be a member of the Dursley Family, or a member of the Malfoy Family?
Which family would you rather be brought up into, being made to follow the beliefs of the family? This is not choosing to be in a muggle or wizard family!



This is quite a tricky one. Both the families believe that they are better than everybody else and want to impress their peers and superiors, sometimes through bribery. So neither families are ones I would particularly like to join. They are both tightly knit and do both have some views on good and evil. I think I would actually choose to be a part of the Malfoy family though, since even though they have beliefs I do not agree with, there seems to be more room for change, and they have before shown that they care about other people too, and are not just doing what they do to please their 'master'. The Dursleys do change towards the end of the series but not as much, and I feel that they will always stick with the same beliefs.




3. Would You Rather be Tortured with the Cruciatus Curse or be Kissed by a Dementor?
 This is a choice between being tortured to insanity by the most painful curse, or having your soul sucked out by a dementor. 
This isn't really a pleasant question! Both options sound absolutely horrible. Even though it sounds more painful and would last a longer period of time, I do feel like the Cruciatus Curse would be a better option though. With this choice, you would never be the same again, but at least you could be happy eventually, if you were given the right medical help, and you would have a chance to start your life over again, with obviously some restrains on what you can and can't do. But without a soul, you wouldn't be a person, really. So I think I'd have to choose the torture. 




4. Would You Rather be able to attend Hogwarts for a year, but as a muggle, or be magical but be expelled in your final year?
Choose between being without magic at a magic school, or attending Hogwarts for six years as a witch or wizard but be expelled and never be allowed to use magic again?


As much as I would LOVE to have magical powers, I think I would actually rather go to Hogwarts for a year as a muggle, because I guess that if you have never had magic in the first place, you won't miss it as much when it's gone. There would still be lots of things a muggle could do there, and it wouldn't come with the shame of being expelled from school!


Onto some different books!



 5. Would You Rather be a Shadowhunter or a Warlock?
From the Mortal Instruments world. Choose between being a demon-fighting half human - half angel, or being an immortal 'magician'. 
As much as I would really really love to be magical, this is quite an easy option for me because I would hate to be immortal, unless every single one of my friends and family were also immortal, which is very unlikely. So I don't think I would be cut out to be a warlock. I guess that leaves me being a shadowhunter, which is more deadly and active, but I still think it would be so much fun. And if Jace were there with me then I wouldn't complain in the slightest!




6. Would You Rather be a Tribute in the Hunger Games or an Avox in the Capitol?
Be forced to fight to the death in an arena full of kids or have your tongue cut out and then be forced to serve the aristocrats of the Capitol?
I feel like there are things a lot worse than death. Torture and slavery are some of them. I think I would much rather die than forced to be a mute slave, serving the people who made me that way. That's just my opinion but I think the Avoxes have it the worst because they're not able to communicate and are seen as lower than everybody. I also feel that if I were a tribute, I could still have some control over how I would die, if I couldn't win.




 7. If you could, Would You Rather be able to save Prim or be able to save Finnick?
From The Hunger Games. You can only save one person, but who do you choose? Bear in mind that the change that you make could also change what happens on later in the book.
This is quite a controversial answer, I should imagine, but if I could only save one person, I think I would actually save Finnick. I'm not actually answering this based on who I like the most, because that would be pretty much impossible for me to decide. I am answering this on the impact the death have made on Katniss herself and the story. If Finnick was saved, then they still might have got out of the tunnels in time before the mutts made it to them, or somebody else may have sacrificed themselves (as long as it wasn't Peeta, Gale or Katniss, I don't think it would have made that much of a difference). Then Finnick would have been around with them towards the end and after the war, he would have gone on to live with Annie and they could have had their baby together. 
However, if Prim had survived, I feel like so much would be different. To start with, Katniss wouldn't have had a reason to blame Gale, so she might not have seen his "fire, kindled with rage and hatred" and may not have ended up with Peeta. 
Maybe even more importantly than that (although I don't know many things more important than Everlark!),
Katniss may not have seen Coin for who she really is, and when it came to voting for the next Hunger Games, Katniss only voted in its favour to avenge Prim, so she may not have ended up killing Coin at the end which would have changed the book beyond recognition. From this point of view, I can see why Suzanne Collins killed Prim, but I still do think that Finnick could have got away with staying alive.




 8. Would You Rather go through your Fear Landscape, or take a Truth Serum?
From Divergent. Go through all of your fears on your own or be forced to tell your secrets to all the whole of your city.
This was actually quite an obvious one for me. I'm sure it would be absolutely terrifying, but I've always been really interested in seeing what my deepest fears are, and I would absolutely hate for everyone to know every single thing about me, so the obvious answer for me is the Fear Landscape.




 9. Would You Rather be Factionless or hunted down as a Divergent?
This is from the information we know from the first book in the series only. We do find out later that Divergent are more than they seem, but this is from the view of a Divergent reader only. Either homeless on the streets but with shelters and a community and help from the Abnegation, or being targeted for your differences and having to live in hiding. 



Neither option is really a good one (at this point in the series), but I'm still going to have to go with being Divergent because I feel like I could manage to hide out in one of the factions without being caught (as long as I wasn't in Candor!). I'm sure I would hate to have to survive off other people, so I would hate to be factionless. 




10. Would You Rather be a Vampire or a Werewolf?
I had to throw in a Twilight question somewhere! Either be an immortal dead creature living off blood, or turn into a werewolf to guard the town.
As I said in question 5, I would really hate to be immortal, but I don't think it would be so bad if I had a coven like the Cullens who I could rely on to always be there for me. It wouldn't be so bad if I had a 'family' for the whole time, but I think I'm still going to have to pick werewolf, because I don't really want to be immortal at the end of the day and I wouldn't mind turning into a wolf sometimes, even if I would have to share my thoughts with the rest of the pack, at least I wouldn't be sparkling in the sunlight!



*****


Those are all the questions I have for this post, but I will be shortly posting another with some questions about books in general! Click here to see it!

Hope you have enjoyed this! Please let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions for other questions or for other posts like this, and if you have a blog, feel free to use these questions! Let me know if you answer them as I'd love to see it!

Thank you and see you very soon!


Charlotte xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment